Netflix’s iconic show Next In Fashion released its second season on March 3, 2023, and netizens cannot stop talking about it! The Tan France and Gigi Hadid-led series focuses on upcoming designers competing with each other. In one of the recent episodes, Bella Hadid was the guest, and the Hadid sisters were caught bickering about their respective style statements. Bella always rocks her fashion statements, but since the ‘iconic hair flip’ at Jacquemus Fashion Week 2020 – netizens want to know more about the ‘elder Hadid’. So, here’s decoding Gigi Hadid Met Gala looks – from 2015 to the latest!
In this digital write-up, you will uncover the looks and inspiration behind them at her Met Gala appearances and surely some quick fashion tips for her followers. Let’s check out Gigi Hadid’s style file –
Table of Contents
Gigi Hadid Met Gala looks – from 2015 to 2022
Here’s taking a look at all her Met Gala appearances and how she has managed to trend all over again –
1. Met Gala Theme 2015 – China: Through the Looking Glass: Madonna
Now a 6-time Met Gala attendee, she debuted at the biggest altar of fashion in 2015, decked up in a fiery red Diane Von Furstenberg gown – with a plunging neckline and a peaky thigh-high slit. Keeping her hair open, she paired up her gown with subtle, neutral shades and chunky rings. The intertwined heels add to her grace.
Without a doubt, the choice of gown and the color palette was one of the boldest for any newbie. Clearly, she slayed – and showed how to debut on the grand stage!
2. Met Gala Theme 2016 – Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology
With the Gigi Hadid Met Gala 2015 look becoming a rage, the fashion experts were waiting with bated breath to see if she could repeat the magic again. The girl did with a Tommy Hilfiger sheer blue gown that came with a touch of a spangled corset (talking about extraterrestrial glamour, anyone?)
Featuring a high neckline and a bodice with strapless silver sequin, this metallic accented look just gave away a little peekaboo! Hair tied in a neat ponytail, with stilettos in black, she oozed confidence in her light earrings.
With Zayn Malik (her then partner) in black Tommy Hilfiger, she had a juicy arm candy to sport! No wonder they were declared the Meta couple of the year!
3. Met Gala Theme 2017 – Rei Kawakubo/ Comme des Garcon – Art of the In-Between
With years passing by, Gigi Hadid’s looks only got more elaborate and theatrical. In her 2017 Met Gala look, she appeared in a champagne-hued gown from the house of Tommy Hilfiger – downed by an asymmetrical tulle train. The single-sleeved gown with an off-shoulder neckline was paired with fishnet black stockings and pointed black-toe pumps.
What’s an iconic Gigi Hadid Met Gala look if the face doesn’t match the gown? Keeping the trend on – she dyed her blonde, tied it up in a bun, matched her gown with black stone earrings, and engulfed her eyes in dramatic cat-eye makeup. Clearly, the ‘ever-in-trend’ model just knows how to slay!!
4. Met Gala Theme 2018 – Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination
For all those who thought that Gigi Hadid had done her best last year, and what more could she bring on to the plate this year – well enemies of the Hadid, beware, the model knows how to do the exceptional and yet stand strong! With a Christian theme as the backdrop for this show of fashion, she appeared in a Versace – wrapped in a single-shoulder gown where the bodice was shielded in green and blue sequins.
As the rest of her dress flowed down into a navy blue skirt with a high slit, she graced the red carpet in black heels and hair clutches, letting the rest of her ‘Rapunzel’ like mane fall down!
With matching jewelry and soft-updo, she was nothing short of paradisical.
5. Met Gala Theme 2019 – Camp: Notes on Fashion
Celebrating the multiple notes of fashion truly to its theme, Gigi Hadid presented herself in Michael Kors collection. Her ensemble consisting of jumpsuit, headpiece, boots and cape. The skintight silver sequined jumpsuit made her standout amidst the crowd.
What’s more? The duster coat wrapped in feathers with the sparkly eyelash made her standout amidst the crowd!
For the record, the Met Gala of 2020 was postponed due to the Covid 19 pandemic.
6. Met Gala Theme 2021 – In America: A Lexicon of Fashion
Like every other year, fashion experts waited with bated breath at what the Gigi Hadid Met Gala look would be. As usual, the lady was stunned in Prada!! She nailed the theme in a strapless gown with a pair of opera leather gloves and back slit. Adding to that smoky, sultry look comes her subtle blue eyeshadow with dyed red pull-back hair.
Prada triangular pointed shoes and diamond jewelry completed her look. No wonder she looked like as if Jessica Rabbit had appeared at the gala in her avatar!
7. Met Gala Theme 2022 – America: An Anthology Of Fashion
The last time she rocked the central stage of fashion was in 2022, when she appeared wrapped in Versace’s latex! Matching the theme of an anthology of fashion, she turned in a catsuit with a corset – that was quite a representation of coats from the late 1800s, the extravagance that silhouettes of womenswear had back in the 19th century.
The catsuit was engulfed by the bubble puffer coat with enormous sleeves and she complimented the look with ruby embedded necklace and wine toned lip-tint.
With her flooring, all of you with her Met Gala looks, it is time that we seek some fashion tips from her. So, what does the diva has to say?
What fashion tips does Gigi swear by?
As you check out the Gigi Hadid Met Gala looks, you are sure she is the fashion icon you wish to emulate. Having noted that, here are some fashion tips from the ‘always in trend’ model for all her lovers (and haters) –
- She is a fan of funky jewelry. Therefore, she tells one and all to mix and match these funky pieces of jewelry with any attire they don. You will find her in many of her outings to go in for pieces such as – dinosaur earrings and rose bottle-shaped pendants.
- She is a huge fan of vibrant colors. You will find her decked in bright hues vis-a-vis neutral shades in any of her fashion outings. Also, she believes in experimenting with the types of prints. A fan of polka dots, she urges her fans to get creative with their wardrobe.
- She also suggests donning leather coats. Leather outfits have always been her go-to wraps, and on most of her attires, one may find a leather trench coat or a leather coat. She recently launched a series of office hours looks, and amidst that – her denim skirt, tucked-in shirt, and floor-length leather jacket look have been supremely appreciated.
- She’s a fan of shades. Apologetically accepting that she has 300 pairs of shades since she ‘loves hoarding’ glasses, she also mentions that you must carry them wherever you wish.
- Lastly, she loves her metallics! Gigi Hadid firmly believes that if you add-on a piece of silver jewelry to any attire, that heightens that dress’s look. Check out most of her pictures, and you will find her donning one.
Whether you are interested in fashion or not, it is without a doubt that Gigi Hadid Met Gala looks are worth noting. It is not without reason that she is the ‘most sought-after’ model in the current crop of fashion models. Which of these looks do you prefer the most? Let us know. Till then, keep following Contour Cafe for more updates!