Some individuals remain in the news throughout the year, sometimes even without reason. Elin Nordegren, Tiger Woods ex-wife, happens to be one of them. Pick up any world daily in the last couple of months, Nordegren has been in the news unwittingly at times, even when her ex-husband was the center of discussion. From Tiger Woods’s ruptured friendship with basketball superstars Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley to the recent interview of John Rahm about Tiger Woods – somewhere or the other, Elin’s name props up.
So, how about giving you a glimpse of his ex-wife’s current life, net worth, and relationship with Tiger Woods? Biography Talk will detail it for you. Stay tuned –
Table of Contents
Who is Tiger Woods ex-wife?
Her name is Elin Maria Pernilla Nordegren. She was a swimsuit model and then a nanny for Jesper Parnevik’s kids. She was born on January 1, 1980, in Stockholm, Sweden, to a journalist father – Thomas Nordegren and Barbro Holmberg, former Swedish migration and asylum policy minister.
She has an elder brother Axel, and a twin sister, Josefin.
She was a student of child psychology at Lund University and did occasional modeling. Later she worked at a clothing store in Stockholm called Champagne. It is here that she met the Parnevik couple, and her life took a U-turn as she relocated to the USA as a nanny to the Parnevik kids.
Parnevik’s wife introduced the now ex-couple to each other. HBO’s documentary on professional golfer Tiger Woods has brought back his life – since childhood, professional and domestic arenas on screen. Naturally, people are also interested now in knowing about Tiger Woods ex-wife and what she is up to now.
Starting with her love story
The famed Elin and Tiger love story –
For the unversed – Elin and Tiger were introduced to each other at the Open Championship of 2001. Though initially, she was uninterested in dating him (she had a boyfriend back then in Sweden and had plans to move back there), his coaxing led to their first date (he actually asked her out via someone else). It was no secret that Tiger had already fallen for her, but Elin took her time to like him, and later they started dating each other.
Despite the rough start, romance bloomed between the couple. In 2003, while the President’s Cup was on, Tiger proposed to Elin at the Shamwari Game Reserve at sunset for marriage.
They were finally united in marital bliss on October 5, 2004 at the Sandy Lane Hotel in St. James. They were soon blessed with two beautiful children, Sam Alexis Wood and Charlie Axel Woods.
However, their marriage came shambling down like a house of cards when Elin found out in 2009 that Woods had cheated on her multiple times. In 2010 – the couple got divorced. Since then, the couple has shared custody of their kids and currently co-parent them.
Though individually, they have moved on – Tiger finding love in his restaurant manager, Erica Herman while Tiger Woods ex-wife has been living a quiet life in Florida with her current partner, former NFL player Jordan Cameron. She is also a Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern in Florida.
Let’s get to know more about her –
Who is she currently seeing?
As mentioned before, she is currently with her partner – Jordan Cameron who is a renowned ex-NFL player. She has been with him since 2019, and it has been two years now since they welcomed a baby boy together – Arthur Nordegren Cameron.
She also co-parents her kids Sam and Charlie with her ex-husband and professional golfer Tiger Woods.
What is Elin Nordegren net worth?
Tiger Woods ex-wife has a net worth of $230 million (inflation rates excluded). The primary source of her earnings is the divorce settlement she received from Tiger Woods (a whopping $100 million settlement). She also has made heavy investments in real estate post her divorce.
Why did Elin and Tiger end their marriage?
You are married to the best golfer in the world, and suddenly your world comes crashing down as if it never existed – the misery cannot be simply retold in words. This journey from Mrs. Woods to Tiger Woods ex-wife is quite the same!
In November 2009, The National Enquirer reported that Woods was involved in an affair with a club manager Rachael Uchitel. Soon, Elin discovered romantic texts between them. This whole revelation was followed by Tiger Woods’ SUV crash in Orlando, Florida.
This accident revealed the truth that Woods, during the course of his marriage, has had multiple affairs (almost 120 women came forth with their revelations). This was followed by Woods’ admission of ‘being a sex addict’ and ‘heart’s transgressions’ and an apology towards his family, wife and friends.
How has she moved on in life post-divorce?
Though initially after the divorce, Tiger Woods ex-wife had stayed mum for 4 years, busy concentrating on her kids’ welfare, later she opened up about the emotional rollercoaster that she had faced. However, with time she moved on with her life and since then has dated a handful of men.
From what is known in the media, Tiger Woods ex-wife had reportedly dated Jamie Dingman and Chris Cline. Finally, she has moved on in life with Cameron.
As of now, Woods and Nordegren are on great terms with each other, as they are often spotted spending time with their kids. Standing today, Woods even calls Elin one of his closest friends.
Did you know this about Elin Nordegren?
Here are some quirky facts about Tiger Woods ex-wife; we bet you had no idea –
- Assuming you have read this article, you know about Elin’s sister Josefin. But did you know that she is her identical twin? They were born 10 minutes apart. In fact, the parents had to dress them up in different clothes to differentiate. If red was trademarked for Elin, blue was for Josefin. Currently, Josefin is associated with an international law firm.
- Her messy divorce with Woods was in the public eye, but did you know Elin, too, came from a ruptured home? Her parents divorced when she was 7 years of age. However, they brought up the sisters and her brother with care, and this is the parenting technique that Elin applied after her divorce from Tiger Woods.
- Tiger Woods ex-wife is a huge travel freak. She herself admitted in an interview that her parents had taken the kids all over Europe multiple times, and she cherishes the memories to date.
- She has received a speeding ticket multiple times.
- Did you know after his divorce from Elin, Tiger was on a dating spree? But he soon realized that Elin was always the best choice for him and wanted to remarry her. He was also ready to sign a cheating clause of $350 million. However, things did not materialize, and finally, they moved on with their respective lives.
- She was a swimsuit model in her teenage years. Later she also took up the job of a nanny for Swedish golf player Jesper Parnevik’s kids. It was Parnevik and his wife Mia who had introduced Elin to Tiger, a fact he regretted in an interview later.
- After her divorce from Tiger Woods, she completed her Psychology degree at Rollins College, Florida, with a 3.96 GPA in 2014.
Here’s wishing her a great life ahead
It is quite painful that even after so many years, Elin Nordegren, despite establishing herself as a mental health counselor, is still being referred to as Tiger Woods ex-wife. We sincerely hope that in the future, people will stop seeing her identity as somebody’s ex and concentrate on her individual capacity of helping one and all. Till then, we wish her and her current family luck and love. However, you can keep scrolling through the website to gather details about other celebs and their high-profile lives. Stay tuned.