Table of Contents
Introduction to Large Area Rugs
Are you tired of small, underwhelming rugs that leave your room feeling incomplete? If so, it’s time to explore the world of large area rugs. These oversized beauties can transform any space into a cozy oasis with just one simple addition. But with so many sizes and materials to choose from, how do you know which rug is right for your home decor? In this post, we’ll dive deep into the world of oversized rugs and help you find the perfect size and style for your space.
Different Sizes of Large Area Rugs
When it comes to extra large rugs, size definitely matters. You want to make sure you choose the right dimensions that will complement your space and provide both style and comfort. But with so many different sizes available, how do you know which one is ideal for your home decor? First things first, you need to measure the room where you plan on placing the rug. This will give you an idea of what size would be appropriate without overwhelming or underwhelming the space.
- For A Living Room : If you are thinking about what is the largest rugs size then the answer will be a 9×12 rug which can anchor all furniture while leaving enough space around the edges. If you have a larger living room, consider a 10×14 or even larger.
- Dining Rooms : In dining rooms, aim for at least two feet beyond each side of your table so chairs can still easily move about on top of it. A 8×10 or larger depending on how big your table is could work well here.
- For Bedrooms : For bedrooms where only portions tend to show from underneath beds try an 8×10 or similar sized rug in front as this helps bring warmth and comfort into spaces but doesn’t dominate them by being too big.
Different Types and Materials of Large Rugs
When it comes to choosing a large area rug, the type and material are equally as important as the size. Different types of rugs can add unique textures and patterns to your home decor, while different materials offer varying levels of durability, softness and ease of cleaning.
- The Shag Rug : One popular type of extra large rug is the shag rug. These rugs have a long pile height that creates a fluffy texture underfoot. They come in various materials such as wool, nylon or polyester. Shag rugs are great for adding warmth and coziness to any room.
- The Flatweave Rug : Another type is the flatweave rug which has no pile height but still offers interesting designs such as stripes or geometric shapes. Flatweave rugs are typically made from cotton or wool and they’re easy to clean making them ideal for high-traffic areas.
- Oriental Rugs : If you want something more traditional, then oriental rugs might be perfect for you. These handmade pieces often feature intricate designs with rich colors like burgundy, navy blue or gold tones.
- Natural Fiber Rugs : Natural fiber rugs like jute or sisal provide an eco-friendly option that adds texture without overwhelming your space. They work well in beachy-themed rooms because they bring an organic feel into your decor.
Standard Sizes for Oversized Rugs
When it comes to oversized rugs, there are some standard sizes that you should keep in mind. These sizes may vary slightly depending on the manufacturer or retailer, but they generally fall within certain oversized rugs dimensions.
- The most common size for an oversized rug is 8′ x 10′. This size works well in living rooms and dining rooms where you want to create a focal point with your rug. It’s also a good choice if you have large furniture pieces that need to sit on top of the rug.
- For bedrooms, an oversized rug can be great for creating a cozy atmosphere. A popular size for this type of room is 6′ x 9′, although some people prefer going larger with an 8′ x 10′.
Where to Find the Best Deals on Large Area Rugs
When it comes to finding the best deals on large area rugs, there are several options available.
- Online : One of the most popular places to look for oversized rugs is online. Online retailers often offer a wide selection of sizes, styles, and materials at competitive prices.
- Home Decor Stores : Another option is to check out home decor stores in your area. Many brick-and-mortar stores carry a range of rug sizes and styles, including larger options. You may also be able to find sales or clearance items that can help you save money on your purchase.
- Thrift Stores Or Consignment Shops : If you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option, consider checking out thrift stores or consignment shops. These secondhand stores may have gently used rugs at significantly reduced prices.
- Seasonal Sales And Holiday Promotions Offered : Don’t forget about seasonal sales and holiday promotions offered by retailers both online and offline. Keep an eye out for special deals during major shopping events like Black Friday or Cyber Monday.
By exploring these different sources for large area rugs, you can find great deals that fit within your budget while still adding style and comfort to your home decor.
Large area rugs are a great addition to any home decor. They add warmth, texture, and color to your space while also providing comfort underfoot. When choosing the right size for your oversized rug, consider the dimensions of your room and furniture placement. It’s important to measure accurately and choose a rug that fits proportionally in your space. There are many different types and materials of large rugs available on the market today. Whether you prefer natural fibers like wool or synthetic materials such as polypropylene or nylon, there is an option out there for everyone.